A typical conveyancing transaction contains two major points:
- the exchange of contracts when a binding contract is created which requires the seller to complete the sale and the buyer to complete the purchase; and
- settlement where the contractual monetary consideration is paid and title is transferred.
Our extensive experience over many years allows Packham Solicitors to apply that knowledge so that timely attention is given to all conveyancing matters.
Some relevant conveyancing information:
- most land is Real Property Act or Torrens title which is a government guaranteed form of title;
- in the current Sydney market if the buyer does not secure the binding contract with the vendor may take another higher offer;
- despite laws to try to stop so-called “gazumping” the most effective way to get a “locked in” is to exchange with a Section 66W to secure it for a buyer; and
- the usual time for completion/settlement is six weeks but we can reduce that to three weeks if your bank is co-operative or you are a cash buyer.
Packham Solicitors can make your transaction smoother and less protracted…:
- we have good relations with the banks and non-bank financial institutions;
- we have access to finance brokers who will push through a loan for you to close the deal;
- we have forty years of experience of all kinds of conveyancing including Old System and Strata Title; and
- we also have extensive experience with easements; rights of way; restrictive covenants and positive covenants; primary applications and more complex forms of land use documents.
Buying and Selling Property
Packham Solicitors specialise in helping our clients buy or sell property confidently. We can assist you to:
- Draft, review and exchange a Contract of Sale;
- Arrange financing;
- Arrange building and pest inspections;
- Identify and calculate potential tax obligations including Stamp Duty; and
- Review and advise on mortgage documents.
Why use a property expert?
As specialist property solicitors we can provide advice in relation to every legal aspect of your property transaction, including the law relating to stamp duty, financing, guarantees and trusts.
Every matter is handled by a Solicitor.
Packham Solicitors has full lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Insurance and we have been Members of the Law Society of NSW for over 35 years.
Strata and Company Title?
There are several important factors you need to be aware of and consider when you are buying or selling a strata title or company title apartment. Packham Solicitors can assist you to:
- Review strata plans and strata by-laws;
- Review company constitutions for company title;
- Understand your rights and obligations.
Call Packham Solicitors on 02 9410 3846 or fill out the contact form online for obligation free consultation in relation to buying and selling property.
Testimonial: “I bought an Old System property in Bathurst as an investment. Packham Solicitors showed me how to maximise my investment by converting it to full Torrens Title and getting a surrender of an old right of way so that I could add value to the land and make it more re-saleable” – Joe N